Thursday, March 3, 2011

Something from Nothing!

Okay, so maybe not from "nothing"....but you get the idea.  I've been reading a lot of blogs lately with different decor, craft, organization ideas. Pretty addicting might I add! I've gotten a lot of ideas from these blogs and usually making something from nothing!

I'll share one of my recent 'super-simple' ideas that I've come across and tweaked a bit.

What can you do with this...   
(a dusty black easel)




...and this?
(a fancy dessert plate)




Make one pretty sweet message board for your kitchen!


Easy as pie! 
Because the plate has a glossy finish, you can write on it with dry erase marker and easily erase, just like a school whiteboard! Yay! 
When I originally saw this idea they used a white ceramic plate on a plate holder. My kitchen isn't exactly white or really have any 'white' in it - so when I saw this cute decorated dessert plate at Wal-mart, I was elated because it would match my country themed kitchen perfectly! The best part is the plate was only $3.50! And I already had the easel, so a very inexpensive decor piece that has a function! Leave a message for your spouse, kids, whoever, or a note or to-do list for yourself! 
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment