Saturday, March 26, 2011

My Business Website!



K • Meyering Design Website Snapshot

It has been many, many, MANY months coming! Finally, I was able to find some time (and by 'some time' I mean 'long days') to design my business website. Web design is a pretty in-depth thing...completely different from graphic design! But it was fun and I'm very happy with the result! However, it's always nice to hear feedback from others and get any advice, ideas on what I could do better. 

So, after deciding and designing how I wanted my website to look, I went to my web design program and started building the website. It took a lot of long hours, and a few nights of Bella getting no walks, but it's completed and I'm finally able to share it with all of you and my future clients!

The site includes an updated about page - telling about my design journey and how I got where I am today, and then also a little about my personal life. I've included a portfolio page and a contact page. My portfolio page allows visitors to view 4 different portfolios, including wedding, baby, graduation, and photo editing & restoration. The contact page gives visitors the option to message me requesting for additional information about my work or for those interested in design work - the messages come straight to my email inbox!

By having this website I will be able to advertise my design skills and work I have completed to people all over the state, and quite possibly, country! If you know of anyone interested in design work (of any kind) or may just be interested in seeing what I do, please pass my website or email on to them!

Take a few minutes to check it out!


Email: kim@kmeyeringdesign.com

If you have any comments, ideas, advice about my website, please feel free to leave a comment here on this blog! :)


4 comments:

  1. I think it is wonderful!! Was curious though, did it also take a few nights of not taking "Laura" on a walk? haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Red and brown do match each other quite well. I've checked out your site and found it astonishing! Who came up with the design of your logo, btw? It's very remarkable! That can help clients remember you and what you offer. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your website looks great! Every ounce of energy and time you put into it definitely paid off. Having a contact page is a great way for people to reach you. You could supplement that with some social network accounts. A Twitter account for your website or business would enable you and your customers to interact in real time, and would also open up your business to even more people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the look of your website! The color combination you chose is very modern and upbeat without being flashy. I also like that you used fonts that are easy on the eyes and yet stayed professional with the layout. My suggestion would be to link a Facebook page to your website since you offer design and photography. There are many people on Facebook who I’m sure would be glad to visit your website, so all you have to do is create a page for it and advertise it there!

    ReplyDelete